By: Geoff Rubin, Fitness Propelled, CPT/CIFT/TRX II
In our previous posts we have taken a look at some incredible #Muscledeveloping “Back Exercises”. Be sure to check them out @ https://fitnesspropelled.wordpress.com/ . This post will address some upper back stretching exercises that are designed to restore flexibility to the joints and muscles of the upper back. Be sure to incorporate a targeted stretching routine to your workout regimen. Below are five #UpperBackStretches that you will want to include into your flexibility program.
1) Shoulder Blade Squeezes
2) Extension in Sitting
3) Rotation in Sitting
4) Side Bend in Sitting
Begin sitting tall, back straight, hands behind your head or neck. Gently bend to one side, moving your elbow towards your hip until you feel a mild to moderate stretch pain-free. Make sure you do not lean forwards. Repeat 10 – 15 times on each side.
5) Flexion in Sitting
Begin sitting tall, with your hands behind your neck. Gently bend forwards allowing your elbows to move towards your thighs. Move until you feel a mild to moderate stretch pain-free. Repeat 10 – 15 times.
Be sure to connect with us!
- Website: http://www.fitnesspropelled.com
- Follow us on Twitter @ FPropelled – https://twitter.com/FPropelled
- Like us on Facebook @ https://www.facebook.com/FitnessPropelled
- Tumble with us on Tumblr @ http://fitnesspropelled.tumblr.com/
- Pin and follow us @ http://www.pinterest.com/FitNsPropelled/
- Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUeuNEGlf9yilJ6Yd-pI5XQ/feed
- View us on Yelp @ www.yelp.com/biz/fitness-propelled-llc-scottsdale
Upper Back Stretches – Basic Exercises