The shoe options for working out can be a bit overwhelming, but it is definitely worth taking the time to find the shoe that is right for you. Your feet are so important and they take a beating every day, let’s face it, unless our feet are in pain we usually don’t give them the credit they deserve for getting us around! Wearing the wrong shoe while working out can eventually lead to problems that will be painful or prevent us from working out, which in turn, will lead to other problems. I have come across the “wrong” shoe many times while training individuals, where being off balance while working out or feeling like a particular activity such as stepping up on a bench seems scary, but that can have a lot to do with your shoe. Wearing shoes that are worn out or ill-fitting can make your workout seem daunting.
You don’t need to overspend and get the trendiest shoe or the shoe that your favorite athlete favors, you just need to find the shoe that fits your particular tootsies! Check for stores in your area that will actually watch you walk and analyze what type of feet you have. Flat feet vs a high arch will need a different type of shoe, a runner vs a walker needs a different type of shoe. And cross training needs a shoe with good support and traction. Our feet change with time so what might have worked great before can be causing pain now. Slipping around while trying to lunge and balance is distracting and takes away from your workout. Working out gives us confidence and a good shoe will do the same. So take stock of your training shoes and if “the shoe doesn’t fit”, do yourself a favor and get a great fitting pair that fits your feet and your personality!
Be sure to connect with us!
- Website: http://www.fitnesspropelled.com
- Follow us on Twitter @ FPropelled – https://twitter.com/FPropelled
- Like us on Facebook @ https://www.facebook.com/FitnessPropelled
- Tumble with us on Tumblr @ http://fitnesspropelled.tumblr.com/
- Pin and follow us @ http://www.pinterest.com/FitNsPropelled/
- Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUeuNEGlf9yilJ6Yd-pI5XQ/feed
- Instagram – https://instagram.com/fitness_propelled/
- View us on Yelp @ www.yelp.com/biz/fitness-propelled-llc-scottsdale